The Benefits of Using Microsoft Dynamics AX
Microsoft has developed an integrated enterprise resource planning system that is designed to save time on administration, improve the efficiency of your business, and improve decision making in your business by providing information in “real-time”. This innovative program is called Microsoft Dynamics AX. Below we discuss each advantage of the program in greater detail.
– Microsoft Dynamics AX allows you to project your future profits and create both item and general ledger forecasts. With the touch of a button you could be creating extensive sales and purchases forecasts based on your inventory during certain time periods, and you can use this information to generate a number of sales scenarios. Through this you will be able to greatly optimize your inventory and efficiently keep your supply up with consumer demands.
– With Microsoft Dynamics AX you are able to replace many manual processes with automated ones, you are able to automate your receiving and shipping processes while facilitating cross docking and back order shipments. Productivity will be boosted and any amounts of transactions can be handled by the same amount of resources, allowing for business growth.
– You can keep your shelves fully stocked with Microsoft Dynamics AX’s live view capability. There is a direct link between the warehouse and the sales floor so you can make sure the stock is there when the customer wants it. As an item is sold, the warehouse can load another item into the truck for delivery. This program also tells you when you will get the product from the manufacturer, the quantities available at the distribution sites, and when the order can be delivered to them. This will increase your sales order processing efficiency and keep your customers satisfied.
– Warehouse efficiency will be improved thanks to product specific put away strategies facilitated by Microsoft Dynamics AX, you will be able to arrange items depending on a set of attributes such as weight, food, non-food, size etc. Thanks to the increased control over your inventory you will be able to improve your warehouse resources. This control over your inventory will help with the tracking and control over your inventory also, and allow you to keep track of sales, receipts and returns.
– It follows the usual Microsoft design, allowing great ease of use for the users. You are also able to increase the visibility of your business thanks to reporting on it in real time with use of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. You will be able to gather any information in real time that is relevant to your business, allowing you to actively track things such as revenue and activity, which in turn allows for analysis of revenue, margins and cost value.